PPA SOCIAL RIDES
Our road social rides take place every Saturday morning at 07h00 from the PPA office in Hill Park Lane, Mowbray.
Notes on the ride
- The ride is free of charge and open to everyone including non-members.
- The route is decided on the day depending on the number and strengths of the riders and on the weather.
- The rides are 3 to 4 hours long as they depend on the route which will include some climbs and will be 50 km or more.
- You are free to shorten your ride but you will be on your own unless fellow cyclists return with you.
- After the ride, a free cup of coffee or cooldrink awaits you at The Gear Change, Durban Road, Mowbray.
- Ride Captain: Roy Andrew
OTHER SOCIAL RIDES IN CAPE TOWN OPEN TO MEMBERS
- Rides start on Saturdays from the Life Cycle store in Tokai. For more info contact 021 701 0511.
- Freewheel Cycling Club leaves every Saturday morning from outside Bootlegger Kenilworth.
- They meet at 6: 15 am and ride at 6:30 am, heading out for around 3 hours. They welcome any new riders. If you would like to find out more about the Club, please visit www.clubfreewheel.co.za or call Luisa on 083 324 1323
- Atlantic Seaboard – Hout Bay. Calling all cyclists! Worried about cycling on your own? Why not meet at The Vine sports-themed coffee shop at 8 am on Saturdays and Sundays? Situated 100 meters from the start of Chapman’s Peak Drive – routes to vary depending on rider ability and numbers participating. Post-ride breakfast specials for cyclists!
- The City Cycling Club ride starts on Saturdays at 06h30 from the BP service station at the Edgemead Shopping Centre in Letchworth Drive. There are also rides on Sundays at the same time, but this is at a faster pace. Visit www.citycyclingclub.co.za for more info. Inquiries: Mark on 083 318 9379 or John (after hours) on 083 583 1729.
- D’Ville Cyclery Club is a newly establish cycling club in the heart of Durbanville (northern suburbs) and affiliated with the D’Ville Cyclery Shop (old Giant Durbanville). Summer rides (Aug to April) Wednesdays at 18h00 from D ‘Ville Cyclery for road bikes and winter rides (May to July) at 18h00 from D’Ville Cyclery and weekend rides start at 7h00. They accommodate everyone and have a support vehicle. Contact Charl Bezuidenhout email@example.com or contact on 021 975 1349.
- The Wannabees Cycling Club rides every Saturday and Sunday leaving from the Lord Charles Hotel at 7H00 (Somerset West-Strand-Gordons Bay). There are different groups (newbies, fast group etc) and everyone rides the same route. The groups are followed by a vehicle to assist where needed. Everyone does the same route. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website for updated times of rides https://wannabees.co.za/calendar/road/
If you’d like to start a social ride in your area, please contact the office email@example.com and we will help you get the word out there (and we’ll even chip in for some free coffee!)