19 Feb Invitation to apply for project funding: 2015-2016
The PPA is a Public Benefit Organisation established in 1976. We are committed to promote cycling and the interests of cyclists. Our influence and interest spans across recreational road and off-road cycling events and initiatives, supporting cycling community projects; lobbying for cyclists’ rights and interests; assisting communities to develop through cycling; encouraging our youth to cycle, and more.
We are inviting interested parties who have the ability to develop and implement cycling-related projects that meet one or more of our Association’s objectives, to submit a proposal for funding.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the PPA Office on (021) 671-6340 to request an application form, or for any project funding queries.
A printed copy of your application/proposal must be delivered to the Pedal Power Association at Block U, Greenford Office Estate, Punter’s Way Kenilworthy no later than 12h00 on 29 March 2016. Please note that emailed or faxed copies will not be accepted.
- Funding will be available from 1 July 2016.
- For the 2016-2017 project funding cycle, PPA will give preference to NEW projects / initiatives / clubs / etc.
- PPA will give preference to projects that tie in with the PPA strategy. For the next year, this specifically includes utility cycling (encouraging the bicycle as an acceptable mode of transport).
- The PPA reserves the right not to make any allocations, and to reject applications that are not complete, accurate or appropriate.
- The PPA will not be liable to reimburse any costs incurred by the applicant during the application process.
- All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications must be hand delivered or couriered to the Pedal Power Association office, Unit U Greenford Office Park, Punter’s Way, Kenilworth, by no later than 12h00 on 29 March 2016. You are welcome to send us your submission electronically while your printed copy is on its way. If we do not receive a printed copy by 29 March 2016, your application will be deemed to have been withdrawn – we can unfortunately not print your submission. Faxed copied will not be accepted.
- PPA will assist successful applicants where possible to obtain the best possible prices for products and services. PPA will pay suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors directly on behalf of the project manager.
- Successful applicants will be required to
- Provide monthly written progress reports, including submitting photographs showcasing the project’s work, growth or ongoing status as well as ongoing budget reconciliations;
- Be available for project visits and/or potential media visits;
- Sign a contract with the PPA prior to any funding being granted;
- Be prepared to identify and publicise the PPA for the duration of the funding year, as well as a period of two years thereafter, as a donor / sponsor/benefactor of the project and will acknowledge PPA as such in any statements (including media statements), social media and other communications related to the project.
We encourage you to work towards self-sustainability for the project, or seek other income or funding streams to support your project.
- A workshop will be held in Cape Town during February 2016 to assist applicants with any questions they may have about project funding as such, or how to complete the application form correctly
- Applications must reach the PPA office by 12h00 on or before 29 March 2016.
- The Project Funding Evaluation Committee will evaluate all submissions during April.
- Applicants on the shortlist will be contacted during April if we require additional company and financial documentation like a constitution, registration papers, bank statements, and so on.
- Applicants will be notified during June 2016 as to whether or not the application was successful.
- Funding will become available from 1 July 2016.
- Project funding allocations need to be taken up within four months, or the funds will be re-allocated to other projects.