22 Feb Substitution entries for Pay Cycle Tour close this week
Cyclists who failed to secure a place in this year’s Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour still have a few days left to apply for a substitution entry. Substitution entries – which offer the last opportunity to take part in this year’s Cycle Tour – close this Friday, 24 February at midnight.
David Bellairs, Marketing and Sponsorship Director of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust which organises the Cycle Tour, says it is vital that substitutions are done via the Cycle Tour Events Office. “Critical medical and emergency contact information is linked to your race number and is our first port of call in an emergency. With 35 000 cyclists on the road on Race Day it is extremely important that the correct medical information is linked to each race number, to enable our medical team to respond efficiently to any emergency.”
Substitute online or manually
The cost of a substitution entry is R300, irrespective of PPA or CSA membership.
Cyclists who have internet access are encouraged to make an online substitution application:
- Visit the substitutions page on www.cycletour.co.za by no later than 24 February.
- Enter the details of the person who is entering as a substitute.
- Pay the substitution fee online.
- Download a consent form for the cyclist withdrawing, who must complete the form and fax it to 021 685 6648.
- Organisers will e-mail a confirmation letter to the substitution entrant within 3 working days of receiving the consent form.
Cyclists can also follow a manual application procedure:
- Download the substitution entry and consent forms from the substitutions page on www.cycletour.co.za or request a form to be faxed to you by phoning 021 681 4333.
- Post the completed entry form, the signed consent form of the person withdrawing, as well as a cheque / postal order to Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, PO Box 777, Rondebosch, 7700. This must reach the organisers by 24 February. No late substitutions will be accepted.
Please note that cyclists who choose to withdraw will not receive a refund.
Should you wish to secure a substitution entry but do not know of anyone withdrawing, please go to www.cycletour.co.za and add your name to the online waiting list. There will be a non-refundable admin fee of R50 payable by credit card at the time of adding your name.