Posted at 14:02h
This week in the news
- PPA women's event on TV!
- Cycling safety at events
- No Transponder, No Time!
- Killarney training
- Forthcoming Events: January to March
- What’s happening this weekend: Bouckaert Soenen Funride & MTB
CYCLING SAFETY AT EVENTS
You are responsible for your safety on the road even when racing, so be sure to keep your eyes on the road and think of your fellow cyclists' safety, no matter how competitive it gets.
- Stay left of the white line at all times and listen to the Think Bike marshals.
- When cycling in bunches, be sure to leave some space on either side of the bunch to allow for left and right movement on the road without crossing any center lines.
- When cycling in neutral zones, stay left at all times and in single file, allow cars to pass you quickly. Normal road rules applies so be sure to signal your intentions and stop at traffic lights, stop streets etc. Take the neutral areas carefully, the race is finished and no doubt your legs are tired, take it slow and safe!
“NO TRANSPONDER, NO TIME”
Please remember to bring and wear your transponder at all PPA events.