10 Jun Join the PPA Ride For Your Life South Africa Tour and make a difference
The first weekend of June was a bleak one for cycling, with four cyclists being knocked down in Cape Town alone, in two separate incidents. PPA says: Enough is enough! In order to raise awareness around the safety of cyclists, PPA is organising the RIDE FOR YOUR LIFE SOUTH AFRICA TOUR from 8 to 28 September – and you are invited to participate.
The Tour will take place in three stages. Stage 1 will take place from Johannesburg to Bloemfontein (8-12 September, 4 nights). Stage 2 will take place from Bloemfontein to Oudtshoorn (7 nights, 14-20 September), and Stage 3 will take place from Oudtshoorn to Cape Town (6 nights, 23-28 September). Cyclists are invited to do one of the stages, or to join us for the whole tour.
Entries are limited to 12 participants on each of the first two stages and 24 on the last stage and will be allocated on a first-paid, first-accepted basis. Costs: R6500 for the first stage and R7500 per stage for the last two stages. A non-refundable deposit of R1500 per stage is payable soonest to secure your spot, with the balance payable by 30 July. Contact Liz now on email@example.com for more information and to obtain your entry form so that you can book your spot now.
The price per stage includes your accommodation the night before the start of the stage, and excludes your accommodation on the night the stage finishes. Also included are:
- All accommodation (shared) for the selected stage(s) in B&B’s;
- All meals, including on-the-road lunches at designated stops;
- The services of a Tour Director, mechanic and support vehicle;
- Tour cycling kit consisting of two Safe Cycling jerseys and a warm windbreaker. Note: only the tour jerseys may be worn;
- Incidental and logistical support, including luggage transport (one soft bag per person);
- The opportunity to show your support for the Safe Cycling campaign and to participate in “CYCLISTS STAY ALIVE AT 1.5m” media and marketing activations on route, and more.
All travel costs to and from the start and finish of each stage are for your own account.
This is a tour, not a race, and participants are expected to be able to complete 100-120km per day at a touring pace. For safety reasons, participants will from time to time be required to ride as a group – these will be communicated to you by the Tour Director.
The final day of the last stage will be a mass ride into Cape Town, with the group handing over a petition to calling for 1.5m passing distance to become law to the Minister.
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form and more information. Spaces are limited.