05 Feb Join the PPA Events team!
We are looking for an events coordinator to join the PPA team, to start in March or soonest thereafter.
Preference will be given to someone with experience in sports events management / project management. A cycling background, and in particular MTB background, is strongly recommended. With most events taking place on weekends, weekend work will definitely be required, for which time off will be given in lieu during the week.
The successful candidate will be someone who is a team player, used to multi-tasking, able to work on several events at the same time, and comfortable in working with crowds.
Own transport is a must (a code EB license will count in your favour). With there being a lot of paperwork related to putting on events, a fine eye for attention to detail is important.
Some of the tasks will include:
- Liaising with external organisers, suppliers and crew
- Sourcing suitable venues and routes. This includes making detailed route descriptions and maps and may include having to physically inspect MTB trails
- All admin related to traffic and municipal events applications
- Obtaining and proofreading event calendar information
- Working as a coordinator at events
- Assisting with web site updates and proofreading
- Assisting with the organisation and execution of other PPA initiatives
Salary will be in line with experience. All queries and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 15 February 2013