07 Mar Get your “safe cycling” bumper stickers here (updated list)
We are really thrilled with the positive reaction that PPA’s “safe cycling” campaign is receiving. The campaign comprises several elements to help get the message out there that vehicles should pass cyclists with a minimum distance of 1.5m:
Some of the comments posted on our Facebook page include:
- I am SO for this initiative, having had quite a few close shaves with impatient motorists myself!!! Go PPA GO
- Keep our cyclists safe – THEY’re and ENDANGERED SPECIES!
- Gotta get this message across!!!!
- Wishing everyone a safe journey – be safe out there
- Lets get serious about cycling safety, thank you Pedal Power!
- Thank you Pedal Power for this initiative to create awareness
- We need this campaign
- Great concept to help make cycling safer
Thanks to PPA member Andre for sending us the pic below – he spotted this bus on the Freeway! There are six buses currently running on northern suburbs routes, and six more on southern suburbs routes.
If you or your friends are still looking for a safe cycling bumper sticker, please collect one from one of the following participating stores:
- Olympic Cycles (Claremont)
- Epic Cycles (Plumstead)
- Bowman Cycles (Cape Town)
- Revolution Cycles (Cape Town)
- Action Cycles (Cape Town)
- Cycle Lab (Cape Town and Westlake)
- Soloped (Cape Town)
- City Cycles (Canal Walk shopping centre)
- John O’Connor Cycles (Mouille Point)
- Neil’s Wheels (Plumstead)
- Bridge Cycles (Dieprivier)
- Lifecycle (Parklands)
- Cycles Direct (Sunningdale)
- Regal Cycles (Fish Hoek)
- Circle Cycles (Fish Hoek)
- Crosstown Cycles (Kenilworth)
- Paceline Sports (Lakeside)
- First Avenue Cycles (Retreat)
- Mark’s Cycle Workshop (Bellville)
- Chris Willemse (Bellville)
- Cycle Funatic (Durbanville)
- Geco Cycles (Cape Gate)
- Kroff Cycles (Paarl)
- Manic Cycles (Franschhoek)
- Flandria (Stellenbosch)
- Mason’s Cycles (Stellenbosch)
- Helderberg Cycles (Somerset West)
- Hout Bay Cycles
- Manic Cycles (Worcester)
- Willie Marx Cycles (George)
- Coimbra Cycles (George)
- PPA Office (9 Hill Park Lane, Mowbray)
- Carluccis (Blouberg)
- La Cuccina (Hout Bay)
- Casarecchio (Hout Bay)
- BP Cavendish (Claremont)
- At events on the PPA calendar – just go to the PPA Mobile Office
- PPA stall at the Cycle Tour Expo (in the Registration hall)
Please put the bumper sticker in a prominent position on your car (for the days when you are not commuting by bicycle!). Apart from being a safe cycling ambassador, if you are spotted on the road between now and 16 March 2012, you could win one of six Giant bicycles (two road, two off-road and two cool fold-up commuting bicycles are up for grabs!). Read more about the competition on the back of the bumper sticker. Terms and conditions apply.
You can also enter the ‘win a bicycle’ competition by taking a photograph of your car proudly sporting the bumper sticker, and posting it onto our brand-new Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pedalpowerassociation. Remember to “LIKE” the page first to become a fan!
Let’s all work together to get our roads safer for cyclists. Click here for some safe cycling tips.