- Oct 31 2021
- 6:30 am - 12:00 pm
PPA Sportive #2
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our second Sportive on Sunday, 31 October 2021 at Windmeul Kelder on the R44, Paarl.
The PPA Sportive #2 will be a premier seeding event for the 2022 Cape Town Cycle Tour and with just one big climb, it is the perfect event for you to set a time that will bump you further up the Cape Town Cycle Tour starting groups.
All riders will receive an event specific number. Please remember to wear your race number and your Racetec timing chip.
All finishers will receive a medal and coke at the finish. We please ask that you then vacant the venue, no social gathering will be allowed after the event. There will be no prize giving or lucky draw.
The PPA Sportive #2 does not require proof of vaccination or covid-19 testing in accordance with the terms of the current blueprint for COVID-19 risk mitigation planning and implementation strategies of mass participation events.
COST: PPA members: R350. Non-PPA members R450
DISTANCE: 91 KM
STARTING TIME: From 06h30.
CUT OFF: 12h00
ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday, 25 October 2021 at midnight
There will be 5 start groups on the morning based on your seeding, each group will have 10min to start. You will be divided into groups depending on your seeding. Your start group will be sent via sms on Wednesday, 27 October 2021 by 17h00
Thursday, 28 October 2021
11:00 – 18h00
9 Hill Park Lane, Mowbray
Friday, 29 October 2021
11:00 – 18:00
Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
1 Bill Bezuidenhout Ave, Bellville
On race day:
Sunday, 31 October 2021
30 mins prior to your start
It’s a relatively flat route profile with the only climb coming at 35 km when you pass by Riebeek-Kasteel. Starting at Windmeul Wine Cellar on the Voor-Paardeberg road, Agter-Paarl, you will head out toward and through Wellington, swinging out left towards Hermon on the R44, left again on the R46 to Riebeek-Kasteel (and that climb), before returning to the venue via the R45.
There will be 3 waterpoints on the route to ensure you stay hydrated. Waterpoint 1 will have Powerade and water while waterpoint 2 and 3 will have Coke and water. Waterpoint 2 will also have portable toilets as well as some bananas and jellies.
Click here to view the route and download gpx file
- After you parked your car make your way to the screening point that will allow you access into Windmeul. Please ensure you follow this procedure to get a sticker that will show you are safe to start. You are simply required to sanitise and walk through thermal scanners, this will reduce any time delays.
- Please ensure you are at the start 15mins prior to your start.
- Please wear a mask at all times. You are only allowed to remove your mask once you are at the start line.
- No spectators allowed as per the government regulations.
- No changing or showering will be allowed at the venue afterwards due to Covid regulations. Please adhere to this.
- You will not be allowed to fill your own bottles or take ice at the waterpoints. Our staff will fill your bottle while you hold it for safety.
Should the event be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (Covid-19) you will have the option to choose one of the following refund options:
1. 90% refund should we cancel due to Covid-19
2. Move to another date.
PREMIER SEEDING EVENT FOR THE 2022 CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR: