- May 30 2021
- 7:45 am - 1:30 pm
PPA Sportive #1
We are excited to announce that we will be resuming events in May. The event calendar will kick off with the first PPA Sportive taking place on Sunday, 30 May 2021 at the beautiful Simonsvlei Winery in Paarl. Entries are sold out! No more entries can be taken due to current government regulations.
Simonsvlei Winery will have some great specials for you to grab when you are there. We ask that you please support one of our local wine farms during what was a tough year for most.
All riders will receive an event specific number. Registration information can be found below. Please remember to wear your race number and your Racetec timing chip. All finishers will receive a medal and will then be asked to either make use of the Simonsvlei amenities or to leave the premises, no social gathering will be allowed after the event. There will be no prize giving or lucky draw.
COST: Entries are sold out! No more entries can be taken due to current government regulations.
STARTING TIME: 07h45 – 08h45. Please see details below
CUT OFF: 13h30
ENTRIES CLOSE: Entries are sold out! No more entries can be taken due to current government regulations.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. No spectators allowed as per current Covid-19 regulations.
2. Please do not change clothes or wash up in the venue’s restroom. Simonsvlei Winery has a no tolerance policy against this.
3. Please wear your mask at all times. You are only allowed to remove your mask once you are at the start line ready to start your ride.
4. From the 79 km mark to the 81km mark there will be 3 sharp turns. Please take note of this section outlined in the route information section below.
There will be 5 start groups on the morning based on your seeding, each group will have 15min to start. It will be a rolling start and you will be allowed to start as soon as you are done at the screening point. Please do not arrive at the screening point before your time slot. You will be divided into groups depending on your seeding. Your start group will be sent via sms on Monday, 24 May 2021. Please see group details below. You are welcome to wait in your car if you arrive early.
|Group||Arrival Time||Start Time|
|Group 1||07h30 – 07h50||07h45 – 08h00|
|Group 2||07h45 – 08h05||08h00 – 08h15|
|Group 3||08h00 – 08h20||08h15 – 08h30|
|Group 4||08h15 – 08h35||08h30 – 08h45|
|Group 5||08h30 – 08h50||08h45 – 09h00|
Tuesday, 25 May 2021
Mowbray PPA Office from 11h00 – 18h00
9 Hill Park Lane, Mowbray 7700
Wednesday, 26 May 2021
Sportsmans Warehouse Tyger Valley from 11h00 – 18h00
Tyger Valley Shopping centre, 1 Bill Bezuidenhout Ave, Bellville, Cape Town, 7530
Thursday, 27 May 2021
Bicycle Garage Laborie Center, Paarl from 11h00 – 18h00
Shop 5, Laborie Centre, 43 Main Road, Laborie St, Paarl, 7646
Sunday, 30 May 2021
Simonsvlei Winery – as per your arrival time above
Due to the extensive roadworks in the Paarl area, there will only be one distance of 85 km. The route will take you from Simonsvlei onto the Suid-Agter Paarl road towards Stellenbosch where Helshoogte will be waiting for you. From Helshoogte you will follow the Wemmershoek road into Paarl where you will turn left into Aboretum road to make your way on Paarl Main road to the finish line. The road surface is in a good condition which will make for a great ride through the Boland.
@ 23.8 km – at Koelenhof Winery (Powerade and water)
@ 45.3 km – Helshoogte Pass (Coke and water)
@ 70.5 km – after Pearl Valley under the trees (Coke and water)
Please carry two water bottles with you at all times and fill up at the water points so that you always have more than enough water with you. Some bananas and jelly babies will be available at water point 2. Please keep a safe distance at the waterpoints from staff and other riders.
Please take note of this section on the route before you cross the finish line, this section will consist of 3 sharp turns:
LEFT TURN Arboretum Road: 77.7km
N1 Merge: 79.1km
TAKE 1st EXIT at circle into New Eskdle Street: 79.3km
RIGHT TURN onto Jones Road: 80.3km
LEFT TURN into Nuwe Vlei Street: 80.4km
KEEP RIGHT at Nuwe Vlei street fork: 80.7km
TURN LEFT into Pine Street: 81km
TURN LEFT onto Main Road Paarl: 81.3km
Click here to view the route and download gpx file
- After you parked your car make your way to the screening point that will allow you access into SImonsvlei. Please ensure you follow this procedure to get a sticker that will show you are safe to start.
- The event will have a rolling start. Once you are done with screening you can go up to the start line and start your event in your 15min time slot.
- Please wear a mask at all times. You are only allowed to remove your mask once you are at the start line.
- No spectators allowed as per the government regulations.
- No changing or showering will be allowed at the venue afterwards due to Covid regulations. Please adhere to this.
- You will not be allowed to fill your own bottles or take ice at the waterpoints. Our staff will fill your bottle while you hold it for safety.
Should the event be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (Covid-19, bad weather, etc) you will have the option to choose one of the following refund options:
1. 90% refund should we cancel.
2. 70% refund and the option to do the event virtually in the month of June.
PREMIER SEEDING EVENT FOR THE 2021 CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR: