- Nov 21 2020
- 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- R12 000 per team
PPA Double Century
The 2020 PPA Double Century proudly hosted by Swellendam
Please note this is not the official event website! Visit www.doublecentury.co.za for all the event information
2020 Pedal Power Association Double Century road closure information
This unique time trial sees teams starting in Swellendam and racing via Suurbraak, the Tradouw Pass and Op de Tradouw ascent towards Montagu. The route the passes Ashton, Robertson and Bonnievale, returning via the R317 to Swellendam.
To ensure the safety of the public and cyclist, traffic will be controlled on a number of public roads.
The following temporary road closures have been approved by both Swellendam Municipality and Provincial Department of Roads and Public Work for the duration of the event:
- Somerset Street, Swellendam – 04:00-08:00
- Murray and Station Streets (on either side of the Swellendam showground) – 04:00-16:00
- Cooper Street (between Kok and Murray Streets) – 04:00-18:00
- Van Eeden Street, Swellendam – 09:00-18:00
- R324-Tradouw Pass – 05:00-10:00
- Van Riebeeck Road – Montagu – 07:00-13:30
- Church Street (between Lang Street en Van Riebeeck Road), Montagu – 07:00-13:30
- Lang Street (between Church Street and R62 Cogmanskloof Pass), Montagu – 07:00-13:30.
- R62 Cogmanskloof (Montagu side) – 07:00 – 13:30
- R62 Cogmanskloof (Ashton side) – 07:00 – 13:40
- Zanvliet Road, Ashton – 06:30 – 14:15
- R317 from Bonnievale to Viljoensdrift – 08:00 – 17:00
- R317 (from Bonnievale to Viljoensdrift) *Traffic to be diverted to Viljoensdrift – 08:00 – 17:00
- R317 (from Rooibrug to Bonnievale) – 08:00 – 17:00
For any inquiries or concerns contact 087 820 7223 (before the event) and on 087 820 5605 (race day inquiries only) or visit the website: www.doublecentury.co.za.
We are extremely excited that a revised version of the PPA Double Century has been given the green light to go ahead under the prevailing regulations and we can’t wait to welcome riders in Swellendam on Saturday, 21 November 2020.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO TAKE NOTE OF!
THE EVENT IS PROCEEDING DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A HEADLINE SPONSOR. WE URGE ALL ENTHUSIASTS OF THIS VERY POPULAR EVENT TO PLEASE FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH THE MANY CHANGES THAT WE HAVE HAD TO IMPLEMENT DUE TO CURRENT REGULATIONS GOVERNING MASS GATHERINGS AND SPORTS EVENTS BEING HELD DURING THE ONGOING PANDEMIC – BEFORE THEY COMPLETE AN ENTRY. THERE ARE LIMITED ENTRIES AND THESE ARE AVAILABLE TO PAID-UP PPA MEMBERS FIRST.
EVENT FORMAT INFORMATION
Below is a summary of the revised rules but team captains and members are to ensure they are familiar with the event terms and conditions which will have to be acknowledged by each team member when confirming individual participation.
- Team comprises a maximum 10 riders
- Team entry cost = R12 000
- Team entries limited to 150 teams
- The start order will be reversed (fastest teams off first)
- A new start protocol will be implemented to adhere to social distancing requirements, riders will be temperature checked before entering the start area
- Social distancing will apply
- No rider offering (no goodie bag or gifts)
- No prize giving / no prize fund
- No feed stations along the route (only water & toilets in strategic areas)
- New Team Feed Zone rules
- New support vehicle rules
- No post event meals & refreshments
Entries for the PPA Double Century, will kick off on Thursday, 1 October at 1pm. Here’s what you need to know to avoid disappointment and endless months of FOMO for your team:
Please note that all entries are based on a first come, first served basis, available to paid-up PPA members first (PPA memberships will be verified), and entries may sell out in the first tier.
Tier 1: PPA- Entries for paid-up Pedal Power Association members
Entry fee (per team): R 12 000
Number of entries: 150
Entries open: Thursday, 1 October @1PM
Entries close: As soon as the entry limit in this Tier has been reached – or at 12pm on Friday, 2 October.
Tier 2: General entries (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY)
Entry fee (per team): R 12 000
Entries open: Friday, 2 October @1PM
Entries close: As soon as the entry limit has been reached
Immediate payment is required via credit card during the entry process. All unpaid entries will be cancelled once the entry deadline has been reached for each entry tier.
NB: We urge teams to please designate only ONE person to secure their team entry! Administrative penalty fees will be raised for any refunds we have to administer due to the fact that more than one person from a team secured an entry.
Tips to secure an entry: Team captain or team member designated with securing the entry should ensure that their personal details are updated on the system which can be done via this link: https://online.entries.co.za/entries/findperson.aspx?eid=3493
STAY UPDATED WITH ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION