Langebaan Country Estate Cycle Challenge
RATED “HIGHEST SCORING PPA FUN RIDE FOR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015”
DISTANCES: 80 km; 30 km
STARTING TIMES: 80km @ O7hO0; 30 km @ 07h45
ORGANISING COMMITTEE: SANParks Honorary Rangers West Coast Region
VENUE: Driving Range Langebaan Country Estate
ENQUIRIES: Kate Richardson / Graham Down
PHONE: (022) 772-2787 / 071 160 2822 / 0818278903
CUT-OFF TIME: 11h30
PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 7 November 2019
LATE ENTRIES CLOSE: O7h00 on 09 November 2019
The event venue is on the driving range of the Langebaan Country Estate which is situated in the picturesque village of Langebaan. As the route winds through the West Coast National Park, it takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery on the West Coast. The route closely hugs the shoreline of South Africa’s only saltwater lagoon as you pass through Strandveld vegetation before making your way across the peninsula that divides the Atlantic Ocean and the Langebaan Lagoon. Take time to appreciate the azure blue waters of this fantastic coastline as you pedal past landmarks such as Preekstoel, Kraalbaai, Geelbek and Schrywershoek. Be on the lookout for the many animals that roam the West Coast National Park, as this in itself makes it a very special ride. The rolling hills have interesting names such as Skunk Hill, Fanie se Kop and Seeberg and make for a challenging, yet enjoyable day out. The ride finishes at the top of Stumpnose Rock (affectionately known as Mamba Hill) with a breath-taking view of the lagoon as the backdrop.
DIRECTION TO VENUE
From Cape Town, take the R27 (West Coast road) past Melkbosstrand. Continue north on the R27 for some 90 km to the Langebaan turn-off at the One Stop Garage. Continue towards Langebaan and you will find the entrance to the Langebaan Country Estate on your left. Follow the signs to the registration venue.
(GPS Coordinates S33:04:20.6 E18:03:15.6)
- The roads in the National park will be closed to traffic for the duration of the fun ride.
- Registration and Late Entries on Fri 08 November 16h00-19h00 at the Clubhouse Lounge of the Langebaan Country Estate and Sat 09 November from 06h00, at the marquee tent on the driving range of the Langebaan Country Estate, Follow the signs.
- Great lucky draws; beer tent, music and various food stalls at the venue (driving range).
- Children u/ 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Special weekend rates available to contestants for accommodation at the Langebaan Country Estate
- Pasta Evening on Friday 09 November at the Langebaan Country Estate.
Remember to wear your PPA funride number.
|PRE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY||PRE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY|