12 Apr Entries for Maluti Double90 close 20 April
Are you and your friends tough enough to tackle the Maluti Double90 which takes place on Saturday 7 May in and around Clarens? Come and find out, but hurry… entries close at 13h00 on Wednesday 20 April 2016.
Twenty four years ago, the Pedal Power Association organised the “Double Century” over 200 km for the very first time. Over the years, the venue and route changed from time to time, but the concept of a team event over roughly 200 km remained the same. This year, the concept is being taken outside the Western Cape for the first time.
As for the Coronation Double Century, teams can field up to 12 riders, with the time of the 6th rider counting as the team’s official time. Participants must be 18 or older.
Entries cost R6500 per team and are available online only.
A tough endurance event, the Maluti Double90 is about team spirit and camaraderie, the aim being for the team to finish as a whole. It is not an easy ride, taking into consideration the average altitude of roughly 1900m and elevation gain of over 2200m for the event.
Please see www.malutidouble90.co.za for terms and conditions, more details and to enter.
EVENT INFO AT A GLANCE:
- Event date: Saturday 7 May 2016
- Venue: Clarens (eastern Free State)
- Distance: 180 km
- Maximum teams: 120
- 12 riders per team (the time of the 6th rider will count as the team’s time)
- Entry fee: R6 500 per team
- Categories: Open (all-male), mixed (3 riders of the opposite sex in the top 6 across the finish line) and all-female
- Prize money: R5 000 (first), R3 000 (second) and R1 500 (third) plus medals and hampers per team per category, provided at least 5 teams entered in that category
- Enervit Hot Spot: R2 000 (Strava section between WP1 and WP2)
- Elevation gain over the 180 km: 2220m
- Entries close: 20 April at 13h00