28 Aug 2019 AGM Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Pedal Power Association will be held as follows:
DATE: Monday 16 September 2019
TIME: 18h30 for 19h00
Belmont Square Conference Centre, Belmont Road, Rondebosch
- For catering purposes, please RSVP by close of business on 09 September 2019 to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions to put to the Committee, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09 September 2019 so that we can either deal with them beforehand if of a specific nature, or, if of a general nature, obtain the relevant facts in time for the meeting.
3. Adoption of minutes of previous AGM
4. CEO’s report
5. Election of Executive Committee members
6. Chairman’s report
7. Treasurer’s report
8. Consideration and adoption of motions concerning the affairs of the Association of which due notice has been given
9. Any other business
In terms of clause 4.2 of the PPA Constitution, nomination of candidates for election to the committee shall be in writing, signed by the member as well as the proposer (both being paid-up members of the Association) and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate nominated, to be received at the domicilium of the Association, P O Box 665, Rondebosch 7701, or at the physical address at Block U, Greenford Office Estate, Punters Way, Kenilworth, no later than 16h00 on Monday 09 September 2019. However, we urge members to submit nominations soonest so that they can be uploaded to the PPA website prior to the meeting, giving members sufficient time to consider such applications to the Committee. Nomination forms are available from the PPA office, or electronically from email@example.com.The Chairman of the meeting may, in his sole discretion, allow nominees to the Committee to consent to their nomination at the meeting itself, if, in his opinion, there are special grounds therefore and provided the nomination was received timeously. This means that the chairman cannot accept a late nomination, only a late consent to a nomination.Voting cannot be done by proxy. Only paid-up members of the Association may vote at the AGM.In terms of clause 4.2.1 of the Constitution, six positions on the committee need to be filled.
Here is an overview of what is expected of a PPA Executive Committee member:
- A working knowledge and understanding of the PPA constitution.
- Be able to attend approximately 10 PPA meetings (after hours) per annum;
- Be available on email at least once a day (week days) to peruse or give opinion on PPA matters;
- Be able to give input into creative suggestions to always improve the environment for cyclists;
- Have a good working knowledge of the cycling community at large;
- Understand that this is a voluntary position with no form of financial payment (other than a small honorarium);
- Be a paid up PPA member; and
- Possess a skill or qualification that can be used to the benefit of the cycling community at large.
- Understand that the role of the Executive Committee is one of oversight & guidance, not involved in day-to-day operations
Chairman, Pedal Power Association
26 August 2019
Download the Exco Nomination form here.