04 Jan Aca Joe Pro Classic (league) series entries now open
Entries are open for the 2012 Aca Joe summer Pro Classic (league) series. Cyclists who qualify with regards to age and seeding, can enter one of eight racing groups. Summer events with Pro Classic (league) status in 2012 are: Tour de PPA (15 Jan), Cyclelab Cape Cobra (22 Jan), Bouckaert-Soenen (29 Jan), Rollercoaster (5 Feb), Medallion Tour de Stellenbosch (19 Feb); Wellington Lions Cycle Day (25 Feb) and Bay City Cycle Tour (26 Jan).
The racing categories are:
- Elite, u/23 & Junior Men (PPA Seeding A-C)
- Sub Vets: Age 30 – 39 (PPA Seeding A – D)
- Vets: Age 40 – 49 (PPA Seeding A – E)
- Masters: Age 50+ (PPA Seeding A – I)
- Racing Ladies (PPA Seeding A – G)
- “Stars in Training”: All riders wanting to improve their seeding and develop their racing skills! (PPA seeding D – I)
- U/16 Senior Scholars
- U/14 & u/12 Junior Scholars
The u/14 & u/12 age category will ride all of the above events, apart from the Medallion Tour de Stellenbosch.
Some of the advantages of riding in the Pro Classic racing groups include:
- Improve your seeding, develop you racing skills
- No more waiting in the queues at events to enter: Pre-enter all the events and simply Sign-On and race on the day
- You start ahead of all the PPA funride groups
- Prizes for the top 3 finishers at each event
- Aca Joe massage therapists at the finish line to rub out tired legs, for free!
ENTER BEFORE 10 JANUARY TO SECURE YOUR PLACE ON THE PRO CLASSIC START LINE. The first Pro Classic event of the season is the Tour de PPA, on 15 January. This new event will test the legs with a climb over Helshoogte before tackling the undulating hills of the Voorpaardeberg area, over distances of 105km, 72km and 50km.